Finance & Accounts
Head of Finance & Accounts
Finance and Accounts Department of National University is working under the guidance of the Treasurer of the university and under direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Accounts.
The works done by the Finance and Accounts department are:
1. To receive/collect the fees from the candidates of examinations of different courses held by the University;
2. To make payment of remuneration of the examiners for evaluation of answer scripts;
3. To make monthly payment of salary and allowances of teachers, officers and staff of the university;
4. To make payment of other parties for rendering different services to the university;
5. To prepare monthly/annual balance sheet, income and expenditure and receipts and payment accounts of the university;
6. To prepare annual budget of the university and submit to the University Grants Commission.
There is a Finance Committee to supervise the income and expenditure of the university and also to advise the syndicate regarding financial matter.
The committee consists of the following members:-
1. The Vice-Chancellor, who is also Chairman of the Committee;
2. One Pro Vice-Chancellor by rotation nominated by the Vice-Chancellor;
3. The Treasurer;
4. One Dean of the University nominated by the Syndicate;
5. One Professor of the University nominated by the Syndicate and
6. One Government officer not below the rank of Joint-Secretary nominated by the Government of Bangladesh.
7. The Director of Finance and Accounts works as secretary of the Committee.